The Town Clerk’s office holds many important documents pertaining to the Town’s government and residents. The Town Clerk is responsible for maintaining and distributing these records. Some duties include:
- Registrar of Vital Statistics: Retains permanent records of all births, deaths, and marriages of Townspeople.
- Records Management/Filing Officer: In charge of storage, retrieval, and disposition of all Town ordinances, local laws, and fiscal reports.
- Recording Secretary of the Town Board: Takes minutes of all Town Board Meetings and Public Hearings.
- Election Coordinator: Oversees all elections of the Town, responsible for the voting machines and various other election duties.
The Town Clerk is also a License Issuing Officer. Licenses and permits disbursed include the following:
- Marriage Licenses
- Handicap Permits
- Dog Licenses - 2011 Notice to dog owners
- Certificates of Residency
- Hunting/Fishing Licenses
- Berlin Transfer Station Permits
- Berlin Transfer Station Coupons
P.O. Box 130
Petersburgh, N.Y. 12138
(518) 658-3777 Ex. 10
Monday: 9am-1pm, 5-7pm